Web Counter

Saturday, February 9, 2008

music advice

Battle of the Bands said...
Liberace (I hope I spelt that correct), Michael Bolton or George Michael? Which one do you think is the best artist?

dear b.o.b.,

a...a...a...although i am somewhat familiar with the gentlemen that you alluded to previously, i was not aware that they had ever painted anything. however something about you has become painfully obvious to the rrw.
let me preach on it.....

i...i...i...i actually took a survey, and 97% of the people surveyed agreed that your sexuality has taken a long hike and returned wearing leather pants. your familiarity with the three 'artist' is a sure sign of your preferences. for example: i'm willing to guess that you also prefer pina coladas to jack daniels. that you know every word to gloria gaynor's "i will survive." that you have bid on more than one liza minelli memorabilia on ebay. have skid marks on both the front of your yard and the back of your tightie whities. are you picking up what i'm putting down??

l...l...l...listen, everybody knows who liberace was, and he never painted anything. if by 'artist' you mean his musical ability, i would remind you that although he was great on the piano, liberace really sucked on the organ. ha! michael bolton an 'artist?' mr. mullet perm came and went with november 1988. i can't name one michael revolting song today. that would leave george michael as the best of the three 'artist' you named. i'm going to give george michael the nod simply because he refused to hire a lawyer when he was caught having sex with a man in a bathroom stall. this is not a joke. george michael said that from then on, he "would concentrate on getting (himself) off." that's good advice for you too my brother.

i...i...i...if you want to hear some really good music try barry white, otis redding or even marvin gay. i have no doubt that you will atleast think about the last artist for appellation sake, but what i really want you to check out is some good ole blues. so let me reiterate, good music = white, redding, blues. damn, that's patriotic.
peace out!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rev, I have a child in Kindergarten. "Jeremy" comes home every day crying that "Becker and Johnny" are telling on him for stuff that he is not doing. They made him spill his milk at lunch the other day, I have to pay for that. I have had enough, I have requested meetings with "Becker's and Johnny's" parents and with me and my husband. The teacher is begining to see that "Becker and Johnny" are always crying wolf. Just not sure what is being done about it. I need to make this stop. It is a waste of the teachers time and a waste of the principals time. I wish that these kids could be moved out of Jeremy's classroom.

Anonymous said...

RRW, I came across this non sense online today. WTF could make a crazy person write about their freakin mamogram on their blogs? Please read below.....

Mammograms at Franklin Memorial Hospital are much more comfortable than those done at Lewis-Gale (thanks to a spongy pad the FM radiologist places between mammogram-ee and the icy cold X-ray thingie), I don’t have to walk as far to get to radiology, and they even let the mammogram-ee take home the pad which can be used for all sorts of craft projects. Plus the wait is much faster than at Lewis-Gale.

Anonymous said...

Rev, I keep coming across this blogspot.bitch blog. Tonight, I see that Butch is writing "dirty". I think I just threw up in my mouth. I am trying to not picture what I read in my mind. I will paste what I came across. Hope your reader's enjoy.

"Meanwhile, I’ve run a load of laundry, run the dishwasher, and watered the plants. This morning, we cleaned and refilled the horse tubs and dog buckets. The horses have plenty of hay. The laptop battery is fully charged. Tonight, I’ll fill a bathtub—just in case. We’re good to go."